- Barrera M, D'Agostino N, Schneiderman G, Tallett S, & Spencer L. (2007). Parental bereavement after the loss of a child. Omega, 55(2), 149-171.
- Dussel V, Bona K, Heath JA, Hilden JM, Weeks JC, & Wolfe J. (2011). Unmeasured cost of a child's death: Perceived financial burden, work disruptions, and economic coping strategies used by American and Australian families who lost a child to cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 29(9), 1007-1013.
Foster TL, Gilmer MJ, Davies B, Dietrich M, Barrera M, Fairclough DL, Vannatta K, & Gerhardt CA. (2011). Comparison of continuing bonds reported by parents and siblings after the death of a child from cancer. Death Studies, 35, 420-440.
- Foster TL, Gilmer MJ, Davies B, Barrera M, Fairclou
gh DL, Vannatta K, & Gerhardt CA. (2009). Bereaved parents' and siblings' reports of legacies created by children with cancer. Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing, 2(26), 369-376.
Gerhardt CA, Fairclough DL, Grossenbacher JC, Barrera M, Jo Gilmer M, Foster TL, Compas BE, Davies B, Hogan NS, & Vannatta K. (2012). Peer relationships of bereaved siblings and comparison classmates after a child's death from cancer. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 37(2), 209-219.
Granek L. (2010). Grief as pathology: The evolution of grief theory in psychology from Freud to present. History of Psychology, 13, 46-73.
- Kissane D, Lichtenthal WG, &Zaider T. (2007-2008). Family care before and after bereavement. Omega, 56(1), 21-32. Special Issue: "Hospice Heritage" in memory of Dame Cicely Saunders.
Lichtenthal WG, Currier JM, Neimeyer RA, & Keesee NJ. (2010). Sense and significance: a mixed methods examination of meaning making after the loss of one's child. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 66(7), 791-812.
- Thompson AL, Miller KS, Barrera M, Compas BE, Davies B, Fairclough DL, Foster TL, Gilmer MJ, Hogan N, Vannatta K, & Gerhardt CA. (2011). A qualitative study of advice from bereaved parents and siblings. Journal of Social Work in End-of-Life and Palliative Care., 7(2-3), 153-172.
While we tried to include potentially useful resources, this website is not exhaustive. New and additional resources may be available. Please let us know if there is a resource you would like to be included.
return to the top
This Page Last Reviewed on
February 26, 2013