End of Life
Bartell A, & Kissane D. (2005). Issues in pediatric palliative care: understanding families. Journal of Palliative Care, 21(3), 165-172.
Bona K, Bates J, & Wolfe J. (2011). Massachusetts' Pediatric Palliative Care Network: Successful implementation of novel state-funded pediatric palliative care program. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 14(11), 1217-1223.
- Contro NA, Larson J, Scofield S, Sourkes B, & Cohen HJ. (2004). Hospital staff and family perspectives regarding quality of pediatric palliative care. Pediatrics, 114, 1248-1252.
- Feudtner C, Kang TI, Hexem K, Friedrichsdorf SJ, Osenga K, Siden H, Friebert S, Hays RM, Dussel VD, & Wolife J. (2011). Patients receiving pediatric palliative care consultations: a propsective multicenter cohort study. Pediatrics, 127(6), 1094-1101.
- Hoffmaster B. (2011). The rationality and morality of dying children. Hastings Center Report, 41(6), 30-42.
- Hutton N, Jones B, & Hilden JM. (2006). From cure to palliation: Managing the transition. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 15, 575-584.
- Johnston DL, Nagel K, Friedman DL, Meza JL, Hurwitz CA, & Friebert S. (2008). Availability and use of palliative care and end-of-life services for pediatric oncology patients. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 26(28), 4646-4650.
- Jones B, Parker-Raley J, Higgerson R, Christie L, Legett S, & Greathouse J. (2008). Finding the right words: The use of allow natural death (AND) and DNR in pediatric palliative care. Journal of Healthcare Quality, 30(5), 55-63.
- Jones B, Parker-Raley J, Mason T, & Brown C. (2011). Understanding healhcare professionals views of family presence during pediatric resuscitation: implications for family-centered care. American Journal of Critical Care, 20(3), 199-208.
- Jones B. (2006). Companionship, control, and compassion: a social work perspective on the needs of children with cancer and their families at the end of life. Journal of Palliative Medicince, 9(3), 774-788.
- Kebudi R. (2006). Approach to the children with cancer in the terminal phase and their families. Türk Onkoloji dergisi. (Turkish Oncology Journal) 21, 37-41. (Article in Turkish)
- Knapp C, Woodworth L, Wright M, Downing J, Drake R, Fowler-Kerry S, Hain R, & Marstron J. (2011). Pediatric palliative care provision around the world: A systematic review. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 57(3), 361-368.
- Kreichbergs U, Valdimarsdottir U, Onelov E, Henter J, & Steineck G. (2004). Talking about death with children who have severe malignant disease. New England Journal of Medicine, 351(12), 1175-1186.
- Muckaden M, Dighe M, Balaji PD, Dhiliwal S, Tilve P, Jadhav S, & Goswami S. (2011). Pediatric palliative care: theory to practice. Indian Journal of Palliative Care, 17(4), 52-60.
- Pao M, Wiener L, Zadeh S. (2013). Letter to the editor on Talking to Dying Patients. New England Journal of Medicine, 368(5), 480.
- Robert R, Zhukovsky D, Mauricio R, Gilmore K, Morrison S, Palos G. (2012). Bereaved parents's perspectives on pediatric palliative care.Journal of Social Work in End-of-Life & Palliative Care, 8(4), 316-338.
Stuber ML, & Bursch B. (2009). Psychiatric care of the terminally ill child. In Chochinov HM & Breitbart W. (Editors) Psychiatric dimensions of palliative medicine, 2nd Edition. Oxford University Press.
- Ullrich CK, Dussel V, Hilden JM, Shaeffer JW, Lehmann L, & Wolfe J. (2010). End-of-life experience of children undergoing stem cell transplantation for malignancy: Parent and provider perspectives and patterns of care. Blood, 115(19), 3879-3885.
- Wiener L, Zadeh S, Battles H, Baird K, Ballard E, Osherow J, Pao M. (2012). Allowing adolescents and young adults to plan their end-of-life care. Pediatrics, 130(5), 1-9.
- Wiener L, McConnell D, Latella L, & Ludi E. (2012). Cultural and religious considerations in pediatric palliative care. Palliative and Supportive Care, 21(1), 90. .
- Wiener L, Ballard E, Brennan T, Martinez P, & Pao M. (2008). How I wish to be remembered: the use of an advance care planning document in adolescent and young adult populations. Journal of Palliative Medicine,11(10), 1309-1313.
- Wolfe J, Grier HE, Klar N, Levin SB, Ellenbogen JM, Salem-Schatz S, Salem-Schatz S, Emanuel EJ, & Weeks JC. (2000). Symptoms and suffering at the end of life in children with cancer. New England Journal of Medicine, 342(5), 326-333.
- Wolfe J, Hammel J, Edwards K, Duncan J, Comeau M, Breyer J, Aldridge S, Grier HE, Berde C, Dussel V, & Weeks JC. (2008). Easing of suffering in children with cancer at the end of life: Is care changing? Journal of Clincal Oncology, 26(10), 1717-1723.
While we tried to include potentially useful resources, this website is not exhaustive. New and additional resources may be available. Please let us know if there is a resource you would like to be included.
return to the top
This Page Last Reviewed on
April 9, 2013