Daly B & Brown RT. (2013).Cognitive sequelae of cancer treatment.In L.S. Wiener, M. Pao, A.E., Kazak, M.J. Kupst, A.F. Patenaude, & J. Holland, Quick reference for pediatric oncology clinicians: Psychiatric and psychological dimensions of symptom management (2nd ed.) New York: Oxford University Press.
- Armstrong, F.D. (2013).Invited Editorial: Implications of 25-year follow-up of white matter integrity and neurocognitive function of childhood leukemia survivors: A wake-up call.Journal of Clinical Oncology, 31, 3309-3311.Published ahead of print on August 19, 2013. http://jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/doi/10.1200/JCO.2013.50.8879.
Duffner PK, Armstrong FD, Chen L, Helton K, Brecher ML, Bell B, & Chauvenet AR. (2014). Neurocognitive and neuroradiologic central nervous system late effects in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated on POG 9605 and 9201 (ACCL0131): A methotrexate consequence? A report from the Children¹s Oncology Group.Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, 31(1), 8-15.
Ris MD, Walsh K, Armstrong FD, Wallace D, Holms E, Gajjar A, Zhou T, & Packer R. (2013). Intellectual and academic outcome following two chemotherapy regimens and radiotherapy for average risk medulloblastoma: COGA9961. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. (DOI10.1002/pbc.24496). Published online February 26, 2013.
Armstrong FD. (February, 2014). Benefits of modified craniospinal radiation therapy for children treated for medulloblastoma: preserving long-term neurocognitive function. Invited Podcast. Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Alderson RM, & Mullins LL. (2011). Theoretical and clinical implications of using an ADHD framework to understand attention, concentration, and executive functioning deficits in pediatric cancer. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 57(1), 4-5. DOI: 10.1002/pbc.23061.
Butler RW, Sahler OJZ, Askins MA, Alderfer MA., Katz ER, Phipps S, & Noll RB. (2008). Interventions to improve neuropsychological functioning in childhood cancer survivors. Developmental Disabilities Research Reviews, 14(3), 251-258.
- Cherven B, Johnson A, Fong G, Brand SR, & Meacham L. (2010). Neurocognitive, behavioral, and psychological late effects in pediatric cancer survivors. Continuing Education Module, www.cancersurvivorlink.org
- Conklin HM, Reddick WE, Ashford J, Ogg S, Howard SC, Morris EB, Brown R, Bonner M, Christensen R, Wu S, Xiong X , & Khan RB. (2010). Long-term efficacy of methylphenidate in enhancing attention regulation, social skills, and academic abilities of childhood cancer survivors. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 28(29), 4465-4472.
- deRuiter MA, Schouten-Van Meeteran AYN, van Mourik R, Janssen TWP, Greidanus JEM, Oosterlaan J, Grootenhuis, MA. (2012) Neurofeedback to improve neurocognitive functioning of children treated for a brain tumor: design of a double blind randomized controlled trail. BMC Cancer, 12(1), 581.
- EmbryL, Annett RA, Kunin-Batson A, Patel SK, Sands S, REaman G, Noll RB. (2012). Implementation of multi-site neurocognitive assessments within a pediatric cooperative group: Can it be done? Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 59(3), 536-539.
- Hardy KK, Bonner MJ, Willard VW, Wattral M, & Gururangan S. (2008). Hydrocephalus as a possible additional contributor to cognitive outcome in survivors of pediatric medulloblastoma. PsychoOncology, 17, 1157-1161.
- Hardy KK, Willard VW, Watral MA, & Bonner MJ. (2010). Perceived social competence in children with brain tumors: comparison between children on and off treatment. Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing, 27, 156-163.
- Harila MJ, Winqvist S, Lanning M, Bloigu R, & Harila-Saari AH. (2009). Progressive neurocognitive impairment in young adult survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 53(2), 156-161.
- Jalali R, Mallick I, Dutta D, Goswami S, Gupta T, Munshi A, Deshpande D, & Sarin R. (2009). Factors influencing neurocognitive outcomes in young patients with benign and low-grade brain tumors treated with stereotactic conformal radiotherapy. International Journal of Radiology Biology Physics, 77(4), 974-979.
- Krull KR, Annett RD, Pan Z, Ness KK, Nathan PC, Srivastava DK, Stovall M, Robison LL, & Hudson MM. (2011). Neurocognitive functioning and health-related behaviours in adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. European Journal of Cancer, 47(9), 1380-1388.
- Noll RB, Bukowski WM. (2012). Commentary: Social competence in children with chronic illness: the devil is in the details. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 37, 959-966.
- Palmer SL. (2008). Neurodevelopmental impacts on children treated for medulloblastoma: a review and conceptual model. Developmental Disabilities Research Reviews. 14(3), 203-210.
- Palmer SL, Hassal T, Evankovich K, Mabbott DJ, Bonner M, Deluca C, Cohn R, Fisher MJ, Morris EB, Broniscer A, & Gajjar A. (2010). Neurocognitive outcome 12 months following cerebellar mutism syndrome in pediatric patients with medulloblastoma. Journal of Neurooncology, 12(12), 1311-1317.
- Palmer SL & Leigh L. (2009). Survivors of pediatric posterior fossa tumors: cognitive outcome, intervention, and risk-based care. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 13, 171-178.
- Palmer SL, Reddick WE, Glass JO, Ogg R, Patay Z, Wallace D, & Gajjar A. (2010). Regional white matter anisotrophy and reading ability in patients treated for embryonal tumors. Brain Imaging and Behavior, 4(2), 132-140.
- Patel SK, Mullins W, O’Neil S, & Wilson K. (2011). Neuropsychological differences between survivors of infratentorial and supratentorial brain tumors. Journal of Intellectual Disabilities Research, 55(1), 30-40.
Patel S, Ross P,Cuevas M, & Bhatia S. (2010). Parent-directed intervention for children with cancer-related neurocognitive late effects. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 55(5), 944.
Patel SK, Lai-Yates J, Anderson J, & Katz E. (2007). Attention dysfunction and parent reporting in children with brain tumors. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 49(7), 970-975.
- Pletschko T, Schwarzinger A, & Leiss U. (2011). Assessment of neurocognitive functions in pediatric brain tumor patients based on the ICF. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 56(7), 1155-1164.
- Ris MD, Beebe DW, Armstrong FD, Fontanesi J, Mulhern RK, Holmes E, & Wisoff JH. (2008). Cognitive and adaptive outcome in extracerebellar low grade brain tumors in children from a national collaborative study (CCG 9891/POG 9130): a report from the Children's Oncology Group. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 26, 4765-4770.
- Robinson KE, Kuttesch J, Champion J, Andreotii C, Hipp D, Bettis A, Barnwell A, & Compas BE. (2010). A quantitative meta-analysis of neurocognitive sequelae of pediatric brain tumors. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 55, 525-531.
- Robinson KE, Livesay KL, Campbell LK, Scaduto M, Cannistraci CJ, Anderson AW, Whitlock JA, & Compas BE. (2010). Working memory in survivors of childhood acute lymphocytic leukemia: functional neuroimaging analyses. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 54, 585-590.
- Reddick WE & Conklin HM. (2010). Impact of acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapy on attention and working memory in children. Expert Reviews in Hematology, 3, 655-659.
- Willard VW, Hardy KK, & Bonner MJ. (2009). Gender differences in facial expression recognition in survivors of pediatric brain tumors. PsychoOncology, 18, 893-897.
While we tried to include potentially useful resources, this website is not exhaustive. New and additional resources may be available. Please let us know if there is a resource you would like to be included.
return to the top
This Page Last Reviewed on
March 4, 2014