- Special Issue: Surviving Pediatric Cancer Research Gains and Goals. (2005). Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 30(1). Available here.
- Barrera M, Shaw A, Speechley K, Maunsell E, & Pogany L. (2005). Academic and social outcomes of children and adolescent survivors of childhood cancer. Cancer, 104(8), 1751-1760.
- Bingen K, & Kupst MJ (2010). Evaluation of a survivorship educational program for adolescent and young adult survivors of childhood cancer. Journal of Cancer Education, 25(4), 530-537.
- BingenK, Schroedl R, Anderson L, Schmidt D, Hoag J, Christiansen H Kupst M. (2012). A multimethod assessment of psychosocial functioning and late effects in survivors of childhood cancer and hematopoietic cell transplant. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 34, 22-28.
- Caprino D ,Wiley TJ, & Massimo LM. (2004). Childhood cancer survivors in the dark. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 22(13), 2748-2750.
- Carlson-Green B. (2009). Brain tumor survivors speak out. Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing (Special issue: Pediatric Cancer Survivorship). 26(5), 266-279.
- Clanton NR, Klosky JL, Li C, Mulrooney D, Jain N, Srivastava DK, Zeltzer L, Stovall M, Robison LL, & Krull KR. (2011). Fatigue, vitality, sleep and neurocognitive functioning in adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Cancer, 117(11), 2559-2568.
- Cohen J, Wakefield CE, Fleming CAK, Gawthorne R, Tapsell L, & Cohn RJ. (2012). Dietary intake after treatment in child cancer survivors. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 58(5), 752-757. DOI: 10.1002/pbc.23280.
- Crabtree VM, Merchant TE, & Morris B. (2012). Excessive daytime sleepiness and sleep-disordered breathing disturbances in survivors of childhood central nervous system tumors. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 58(5), 746-751.
- Devine KA, Reed-Knight B, Loiselle K, Fenton N, & Blount RL. (2010). Posttraumatic growth in young adults who experienced serious childhood illness: A mixed methods approach. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 17, 340-348.
- Dieluweit U, Debatin KM, Grabow D, Kaatsch P, Peter R, Seitz DCM, & Goldbeck L. (2011). Educational and vocational achievement among long-term survivors of adolescent cancer in Germany. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 56, 432-438.
- Englen V, Koopman Hm, Detmar SB, Raat H, van de Wetering MD, Brons P, Anninga JK, Abbink F, & Grootenhuis MA. (2010). Health-related quality of life after successful completion of treatment for childhood cancer. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 56(4), 646-653.
- Foster RH, Stern M, Russell C, Shivy V, Bitsko M, Dillon RM, Klosky J, & Godder K. (in press). Examining the influence of optimism and perceived health vulnerability on parent-adoelscent attachment among survivors of pediatric cancer. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology.
- Gerhardt CA, Dixon M, Miller K, Vannatta K, Valerius KS, Correll J, Noll RB. (2007). Educational and occupational outcomes among survivors of childhood cancer during the transition to emerging adulthood. Journal of Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics, 28(6), 448-455.
- Gerhardt CA, Yopp JM, Leininger L, Valerius KS, Correll J, Vannatta K, & Noll RB.( 2007). Brief report: post-traumatic stress during emerging adulthood in survivors of pediatric cancer. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 32(8), 1018-1023.
- Gerhardt CA, Vannatta K, Valerius KS, Correll J,& Noll RB. (2007). Social and romantic outcomes in emerging adulthood among survivors of childhood cancer. Journal of Adolescent Health, 40(5), 462e9-462e15.
- Gilliam MB, Madan-Swain A, Whelan K, Tucker DC, Demark-Wahnefried W, & Schwebel DC. (2012). Social, demographic, and medical influences on physical activity in child and adolescent cancer survivors. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 37(2), 198-208.
- Haddy T, Mosher R, & Reaman GH. (2009). Late effects in long-term survivors after treatment for childhood acute leukemia. Clinical Pediatrics, 48(6), 601-608.
- Harila MJ, Niinivirta TI, Winqvist S, & Harila-Saari AH. (2011). Low depressive symptom and mental distress scores in adult long-term survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Journal of Pediatric Hematological Oncology, 33(3), 194-198.
- Harila MJ, Niinivirta TI, Winqvist S, & Harila-Saari AH. (2011). Low depressive symptom and mental distress scores in adult long-term survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Journal of Pediatric Hematological Oncology. 33(3), 194-198.
- Hill J, Kondryn H, Mackie E, McNally R,& Eden T. (2003). Adult psychosocial functioning following childhood cancer: the different roles of sons’ and daughters relationships with their fathers and mothers. Journal of Child Psychology/Psychiatry. 44(5), 752-762.
- Jones B, Parker-Raley J, & Barczyk A. (2011). Adolescent cancer survivors: Identity paradox and the need to belong. Qualitative Health Research, 21(8), 1033-1040.
- Jones B, Volker D, Vinajeras Y, Butros L, Fitchpatrick C, & Rosetto K. (2010). The meaning of survivng cancer for Latino adolescents and emerging young adults. Cancer Nursing: An International Journal for Cancer Care, 33(1), 74-81.
Kazak A, DeRosa B, Schwartz L, Hobbie W, Carlson C, Ittenbach R, Mao J, & Ginsberg J. (2010). Psychological outcomes and health beliefs in adolescent and young adult (AYA) survivors of childhood cancer and controls. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 28, 2002-2007.
Kent EE, Sender L, Largent J, & Anton-Culver H. (2009). Leukemia survival in children, adolescents, and young adults: influence of socioeconomic status and other demographic factors. Cancer Causes & Control, 20, 1409-1420.
- Krull KR, Okcu MF, Potter B, Jain N, Dreyer Z, Kamdar K, & Brouwers P. (2008). Screening for neurocognitive impairment in pediatric cancer long-term survivors. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 26(25), 4138-4143.
- Last BF, Grootenhuis MA, &Eiser C. (2005). International comparison of contributions to psychosocial research on survivors of childhood cancer: past and future considerations. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 20(1), 99-113.
- Lown EA, Goldsby R, Mertens AC, Greenfield T, Bond J, Whitton J, Korcha R, Robison LL,& Zeltzer LK. (2008). Alcohol consumption patterns and risk factors among childhood cancer survivors compared to siblings and general population peers. The Addiction Journal, 103, 1139-1148.
- Madanat-Harjuoja LM, Malila N, Lahteenmaki PM, Boice JD Jr, Gissler M, & Dyba T. (2010). Preterm delivery among female survivors of childhood, adolescent and young adulthood cancer. International Journal of Cancer, 127(7), 1669-1679.
- Massimo LM & Caprino D. (2007). The truly healthy adult survivor of childhood cancer: inside feelings and behaviors. Minerva Pediatrica. 59(1), 43-47.
- Mays D, Black JD, Mosher RB, Heinly A, Shad AT, Tercyak KP. (2011). Efficacy of the Survivor Health and Resilience Education (SHARE) program to improve bone health behaviors among adolescnt survivors of childhood cancer. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 42(1), 91-98.
- McLoone JK, Wakefield CE, Butow P, Fleming CAK, & Cohn RJ. (2011). Returning to school after adolescent cancer: A qualitative examination of Australian survivors' and their families' perspectives. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology, 1(2), 87-94.
- Michel G, Greenfield D, Absolom K, & Eiser C. (2011). Follow-up care after childhood and young adult cancer: Satisfaction and associations with coping style. Psycho-Oncology, 20, 813-822.
- Michel G, Greenfield D, Absolom K, Ross RJ, Davies H, & Eiser C. (2009). Follow-up care after childhood cancer: Survivors’ expectations and preferences for care. European Journal of Cancer, 45(9), 1616-1623.
- Michel G, Kuehni CE, Rebholz CE, Zimmermann K, Eiser C, Rueegg CS, & von der Weid NX. (2011). Can health beliefs help explaining attendance to follow-up care? The Swiss Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Psycho-Oncology, 20(10), 1034-1043.
- Michel G, Rebholz C, von der Weid NX, Bergstraesser E, & Kuehni CE. (2010). Psychological distress in adult childhood cancer survivors: the Swiss Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 28(10), 1740-1747.
- Nathan, PC, Ford JS, Henderson TO, Hudson MM, Emmons KM, Casillas JN, Lown EA, Ness KK, & Oeffinger KC. (2009). Review series: health behaviors, medical care, and interventions to promote healthy living in the childhood cancer survivor study cohort. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 27(14), 2363-2373.
- Phipps S, Jurbergs N, & Long A. (2009). Symptoms of posttraumatic stress in childhood cancer survivors: does personality trump health status? Psycho-Oncology, 18(9), 992-1002.
- Robert RS, Paxton RJ, Palla SL, Yang G, Askins MA, Joy SE, Ater JL.(2012). Feasibility, reliability, and validity of the pediatric quality of life inventory generic core scales, cancer module, and multidimensional fatigue scale in long-term adult survivors of pediatric cancer. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 59(4), 703-707.
- Robinson KE, Gerhardt CA, Vannatta K, & Noll RB. (2009). Survivors of childhood cancer and comparison peers: The influence of early family factors on distress emerging adulthood. Journal of Family Psychology, 23, 23-31.
- Seitz DCM, Besier T, Debatin KM, Debling D, Dieluweit U, Hinz A, Kaatsch P, & Goldbeck L. (2010). Posttraumatic stress, depression and anxiety among adult long-term survivors of cancer in adolescence. European Journal of Cancer, 46, 1596-1606.
- Seitz DCM, Hagmann D, Besier T, Dieluweit U, Debatin KM, Grabow D, Kaatsch P, Henrich G, & Goldbeck L. (2010). Life satisfaction in adult survivors of cancer during adolescence: What contributes to the latter satisfaction with life? Quality of Life Research, 20, 225-236.
- Schultz K, Ness K, Whitton J, Recklitis C, Zebrack B Robison LL, Zeltzer L,& Mertens AC. (2007). Behavioral and social outcomes in adolescent survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 25(24), 3649-3656.
- Stern M, Krivoy E, Foster R, Bitsko M, Toren A, & Ben Arush M. (2010). Psychosocial functioning and career decision-making in Israeli adolescent cancer survivors. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 55, 708-713.
- Thomson AL, Gerhardt CA, Miller KS, Vannatta K, & Noll RB. (2009). Survivors of childhood cancer and comparison peers: the influence of peer factors on later internalizing behavior and substance use in emerging adulthood. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 10(34), 1119-1128.
- Quinn GP, Huang I, Murphy D, & Zidonik Eddleton K. (in press). Young adult survivors of pediatric cancer perceptions of partnering: The impact of survivorship on romantic relationships. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology.
Vannatta, K., Gerhardt, C.A., Wells, R.J., & Noll, R.B. (2007). Intensity of CNS treatment for pediatric cancer: Prediction of social outcomes in survivors. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 49, 716-722.
- Verril JR, Vannatta K, Schafer, & Noll RB. (2000). Aggression, antisocial behavior, and substance abuse in survivors of pediatric cancer: Possible protective effects of cancer and its treatment. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 25, 493-502.
- Wiener L, Battles H, Bernstein D, Long L, Derdak J, Mackall CL, & Mansky PJ. (2006). Persistent psychological distress in long-term survivors of pediatric sarcoma: The experience at a single institution. Psycho-Oncology, 15, 898-910.
- Zeltzer LK, Recklitis C, Buchbinder D, Zebrack B, Casillas J, Tsao JCI, Lu Q, & Krull KR. (2009). Psychological status in childhood cancer survivors: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 27(14), 2396-2404.
- Zeltzer L, Lu Q, Leisenring W, Tsao JC, Recklitis C, Armstrong G, Mertens AC, Robison LL, & Ness KK. (2008). Psychosocial outcomes and health-related quality of life in adult childhood cancer survivors: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, 17(2), 435-446.
While we tried to include potentially useful resources, this website is not exhaustive. New and additional resources may be available. Please let us know if there is a resource you would like to be included.
return to the top
This Page Last Reviewed on
April 9, 2013