- Barrera M, Andrews G, Saunders F, & Atenafu E. (2008). Factors related to changes in cognitive, academic and visual motor integration in children who undergo hematopoietic progenitor cell transplant. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 33(5), 536-546.
- Barrera M, Atenafu E, Doyle J, Berlin-Romalis D, & Hancock K. (2012). Differences in mothers' and fathers' psychological distress after pediatric stem cell transplant: a longitudinal study-part I. Bone Marrow Transplant, 47, 934-939. DOI: 10.1038/bmt.2011.206.
- Ingerski LM, Perazzo L, Goeel J, & Pai ALH. (2011). Family strategies for medication adherence in pediatric kidney transplantation. Nursing Research, 6, 190-196.
- Jobe-Shields L, Alderfer KA, Barrera M, Vannatta K, Currier JM, & Phipps S.( 2009). Parental depression and family environment predict distress in children about to undergo stem-cell transplantation. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 2(30), 140-146.
- Lown EA, Mehling WE, Dvorak CC, Cowan MJ, Horn BN, Dunn EA, Acree M, Abrams DI, & Hecht FM (2012). Hematopoietic cell transplant and use of massage for improved symptom management: Results from a pilot randomized control trial. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 1-9.
- Packman W, Weber S, Wallace J, & Bugescu N. (2010). Psychological effects of hematopoietic SCT on pediatric patients, siblings and parents: a review. Bone Marrow Transplantation, 45(7), 1134-1146.
- Phipps S, Barrera M, Vannatta K, Xiong X, Huang Q, Doyle JJ, & Alderfer MA. (2010). Complementary therapies for children undergoing stem cell transplant: report of a multisite trial. Cancer, 116, 3924-2923.
- Phipps S, Rai SN, Leung WH, Lensing S, & Dunavant M. (2008). Cognitive and academic consequences of stem-cell transplanation in children. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 26, 2027-2033.
- Ullrich CK, Dussel V, Hilden JM, Shaeffer JW, Lehmann L, & Wolfe J. (2010). End-of-life experience of children undergoing stem cell transplantation for malignancy: parent and provider perspectives and patterns of care. Blood, 115(19), 3879-3885.
- Vrijmoet-Wiersma CM, Egeler RM, Koopman HM, Bresters D, Norberg AL, & Grootenhuis MA. (2010). Parental stress and perceived vulnerability at 5 and 10 years after pediatric SCT. Bone Marrow Transplant, 45(6), 1102-1108.
- Wiener L, Steffen-Smith E, Fry T, Love C,& Wayne A. (2008). Sibling stem cell donor experiences at a single institution. Psycho-Oncology, 17(3), 304-307.
- Wiener L, Steffen-Smith E, Fry T, & Wayne A. (2007). Hematopoietic stem cell donation in children:a review of the sibling donor experience. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology, 25(1), 45-66.
While we tried to include potentially useful resources, this website is not exhaustive. New and additional resources may be available. Please let us know if there is a resource you would like to be included.
return to the top
This Page Last Reviewed on
April 9, 2013