- Bennett-Murphy LM, Flowers SR, McNamara KA, & Young-Saleme T. (2008). Fathers of children with cancer: Involvement, coping, and adjustment. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 22, 182-189.
- Brown R, Wiener L, Kupst MJ, Brennan T, Behrman R, Compas B, Elkin TD, Fairclough D, Friebert S, Katz E, Kazak A, Madan-Swain A, Mansfield N, Mullins L, Noll R, Patenaud F, Phipps S, Sahler OJ, Sourkes B, & Zeltzer L. (2008). Single parenting and children with chronic illness: an understudied phenomenon. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 33(4), 408-421.
- Carlson-Green B, Morris RD, & Krawiecki N. (1996). Family and illness predictors of outcome in pediatric brain tumors. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 20(6), 769-784.
- Dolgin MJ, Phipps S, Fairclough DL, Sahler OJZ, Askins M, Noll RB, Butler RW, Varni JW, & Katz ER. (2007) Trajectories of adjustment in mothers of children with newly diagnosed cancer: A natural history investigation. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 32, 771-782.
- Dunn MJ, Rodriguez EM, Barnwell AS, Grossenbacher JC, Vannatta K, Gerhardt CA, & Compas BE. (2012). Posttraumatic stress symptoms in parents of children with cancer within six months of diagnosis. Health Psychology, 31(2), 176-185.
- Fedele D, Mullins LL, Wolfe-Christensen C, & Carpentier M. (2011). Longitudinal assessment of materanal parenting capacticy variables and child adjustment outcomes in pediatric cancer. Journal of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, 33, 199-202.
- Gerhardt CA, Gutzwiller J, Huiet KA, Fischer S, Noll RB, & Vannatta K. (2007). Parental adjustment to childhood cancer: A replication study. Family Systems Medicine, 25, 263-275.
Gerhardt CA, Baughcum AE, Johnston A., Vannatta K, Davies WH, Mackner LM, & Noll RB (2006). Parent perceptions of nutritional issues during their child's treatment for cancer. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 28, 454-460.
Grootenhuis MA & Bronner MB. (2009). Paediatric illness! Family matters. Acta Paediatrica. 98(6), 940-941.
- Hullmann SE, Wolfe-Christensen C, Meyer WH, McNall-Knapp RY, & Mullins LL. (2010). The relationship between parental overprotection and health-related quality of life in pediatric cancer: The mediating role of perceived child vulnerability. Quality of Life Research, 19, 1373-1380.
- Hutchinson KC, Willard VW, Hardy KK, Bonner MJ, & Gururandgan, S. (2009). Adjustment of caregivers of pediatric patients with brain tumors: a cross-sectional analysis. PsychoOncology, 18, 515-523.
- Jurbergs N, Long A, Ticona L, & Phipps S. (2009). Symptoms of post-traumatic stress in parents of children with cancer: are they elevated relative to parents of healthy children? Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 34(1), 4-13.
- Karlson CW, Smith ML, Leist-Haynes S, SMith M, Faith MA, Pierce J, Elkin TD, Megason G. (in press). Risk for psychosocial problems in pediatric cancer: impact of socioeconomics. Journal of Pediatric Psychology.
- Mullins L, Wolfe-Christensen C, Chaney J, Elkin D, Wiener L, Hullman S, Fedele D, & Junghans A. (2011). The relationship between single parent status and parenting capacities in mothers of youth with chronic health conditions: the mediating role of income. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 36(3), 249-257.
- Mullins L, Wolfe-Christensen C, Chaney JM, Elkin TD, Wiener L, Hullman SE, Fedele DA, & Junghans A. (2010). Single parent status and income predict parenting capacities in mothers of youth with chronic health conditions. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 36(3), 249-257. DOi: 10.1093/jpepsy/jsq080.
- Palmer SL, Lesh S, Wallace D, Bonner BJ, Swain M, Chapieski L, Janzen L, Mabbott D, Knight S, Boyle R, Armstrong CL, & Gajjar A. (2011). How parents cope with their child’s diagnosis and treatment of an embryonal tumor: results of a prospective and longitudinal study. Journal of Neurooncology, 105(2), 253-259.
Pöder U, Ljungman G, & von Essen L. (2009). Posttraumatic stress disorder among parents of children on cancer treatment: a longitudinal study. Psycho-Oncology, 17, 430-437.
- Robinson KE, Gerhardt CA, Vannatta K, & Noll RB. (2007). Parent and family factors associated with child adjustment to pediatric cancer. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 32(4), 400-410.
- Rodriguez EM, Dunn MJ, Zuckerman T, Vannatta K, Gerhardt CA, & Compas BE. (2012). Cancer-related sources of stress for children with cancer and their parents. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 37(2), 185-197.
- Sahler OJ, Varni JW, Roghmann KJ, Mulhern RK, Katz ER, Copeland DR, Dolgin MJ, & Noll RB. (1998). Maternal problem-solving skills training in childhood cancer. Pediatric Research, 43, 15A.
- Wakefield CE, Butow P, Fleming CAK, Daniel G, & Cohn RJ. (2012). Family information needs at childhood cancer treatment completion. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 58(4), 621-626. DOI: 01.1002/pbc.23316.
- Wakefield CE, McLoone J, Butow P, Lenthen K, & Cohn RJ. (2011). Parental adjustment to the completion of their child's cancer treatment. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 56(4), 524-531.
- Wolfe-Christensen C, Mullins LL, Fedele DA, Rambo RL, Eddington AE, & Carpentier MY. (2010). The relationship of caregiver demand to adjustment outcomes in children with cancer: The moderating role of parenting stress. Children's Health Care, 39, 108-124.
While we tried to include potentially useful resources, this website is not exhaustive. New and additional resources may be available. Please let us know if there is a resource you would like to be included.
return to the top
This Page Last Reviewed on
April 9, 2013