- Alderfer MA, Long KA, Lown EA, Marsland AL, Ostrowski NL, Hock JM, & Ewing LJ. (2009). Psychosocial adjustment of siblings of children with cancer: a systematic review. PsychoOncology, 18(8), 789-805.
- Alderfer MA & Hodges JA. (2010). Supporting siblings of children with cancer: a need for family-school partnerships. School Mental Health, 2(2), 72-81.
- Alderfer MA, Long KA, Lown EA, Marsland AL, Ostrowski NL, Hock JM, & Ewing, LJ. (2010). Psychosocial adjustment of siblings of children with cancer: a systematic review. Psychooncology, 19(8), 789-805.
- Alderfer MA & Noll RB. (2006). Identifying and addressing the needs of siblings of children with cancer. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 47, 537–538.
- Gerhardt CA, Fairclough DL, Grossenbacher JC, Barrera M, Gilmer MJ, Foster TL, Compas BE, Davies B, Hogan NS, & Vannatta K (2012). Peer relationships of bereaved siblings and comparison classmates after a child's death from cancer. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 37(2), 209-219.
- Muriel AC, Case C, & Sourkes B. (2010). Children's voices: The experience of patients and their siblings. In: Textbook of Interdisciplinary Pediatric Palliative Care. Wolfe J, Hinds P, & Sourkes P (Eds.). Oxford University Press.
- Nolbris M, Enskar K, & Hellstrom A. (2007). Experience of siblings of children treated for cancer. European Journal of Oncology Nursing, 22, 227-233.
- Patterson P, Millar B, & Visser A. (2011). The development of an instrument to assess the unmet needs of young people who have a sibling with cancer: piloting the sibling cancer needs instrument (SNCI). Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing, 28, 16-26.
- Vermaes IPR, van Susante AMJ, & van Bakel HJA (2012). Psychological functioning of siblings in families of children with chronic health conditions: A meta-analysis. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 37(2), 166-184.
- Williams PD. (1997). Siblings and pediatric chronic illness: A review of the literature. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 34(4), 312-323.
- Wilkins K & Woodgate R. (2005). A review of qualitative research on the childhood cancer experience from the perspective of siblings. Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing, 22, 305-319.
- Wu YP, Prout K, Roberts MC, Parikshak S, & Amylon MD. (2011). Assessing experiences of children who attended a camp for children with cancer and their siblings: a preliminary study. Child & Youth Care Forum, 40(2), 121-133.
While we tried to include potentially useful resources, this website is not exhaustive. New and additional resources may be available. Please let us know if there is a resource you would like to be included.
return to the top
This Page Last Reviewed on
February 26, 2013