Postdoctoral Fellowships in Pediatric Psychology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
Title: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Description: The Department of Psychology, St Jude Children’s Research Hospital (SJCRH), Memphis, TN, is soliciting applications for postdoctoral fellowships with an emphasis on children with cancer, sickle cell disease, and infectious diseases (HIV/AIDS), and childhood cancer survivors.
One-two postdoctoral positions in pediatric psychology are available within two tracks:
1) A clinical investigator track is a 2-year commitment with a balanced focus on both clinical and research activities.
2) A full-time research track is a 2-year commitment for candidates interested in pursuing research careers within the area of pediatric psychology.
Currently active research areas include:
1) stress and coping in a childhood cancer population;
2) health promotion interventions including smoking prevention/cessation for children with cancer and their families;
3) behaviorally based cancer prevention and control initiatives with childhood cancer survivors;
4) health promotion and adherence;
5) transition from pediatric to adult care in patients with sickle cell disease;
6) sleep disturbance in pediatric oncology patients.
Clinical populations served include infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with cancer, sickle cell disease and other hematological disorders, and HIV/AIDS. All positions emphasize clinical investigation and offer supervised clinical hours for those desiring licensure. SJCRH is a recognized APPIC member (www.appic.org<http://www.appic.org>). Salary is competitive, consistent with NIH fellowship guidelines, with a generous benefits package.
Requirements: A PhD or PsyD in psychology from an accredited institution of higher education is required. Applicants for the clinical investigator track must have a doctoral degree from an APA- or CPA-accredited doctoral program.
Contact: Interested candidates must send the following via email to PsychPostDoc@stjude.org<mailto:PsychPostDoc@stjude.org>: 1) statement of interest (including to which track you are applying) and career aspirations, 2) updated curriculum vitae, 3) 3-4 letters of recommendation (including graduate program training director verifying date doctoral requirements will be met and internship director, if applying to the clinical-investigator track).
A formal application must be completed in addition to the e-mailed materials. Applications may be completed at: https://hospital.stjude.org/apps/apo/ by clicking “Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Psychology.”
In addition, an official transcript should be mailed to: Valerie Crabtree, PhD, Director of Clinical Services and Training, Department of Psychology, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Mail Stop 740, Memphis, TN 38105-2794. Please go to www.stjude.org/psychology/training<http://www.stjude.org/psychology/training> for additional details, FAQ’s, application procedures, and faculty mentor information. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. SJCRH is an equal opportunity employer.